Tuesday 10 August 2010

First Work Handicap Race

Today I ran my first handicap race at work. I was really nervous about it before hand but it went really well.

I was the first person to start which A) was nerve wracking as I didn't know the route very well, and B) made me think everyone would fly past me. But another woman joined at the last minute and ran with me which meant I had someone to talk to on the way round (I know, I know, no talking when racing - but hey, it was the first one!)

The good news is that nobody caught us up and at despite having to walk up the hill that's at the halfway point I managed to finish strong with a good sprint across the finish line leaving the other lady behind.

With a finish time of 30mins 40secs I was pretty pleased as I beat my projected time but set a nice reasonable time to beat in the future.

I'll need to do some work on my hills in future so that that darn hill doesn't slow me down, but apart from that it's all going good. Of course the builders wolf whistling at me half way round just left me confused - I mean REALLY? I was bright red, sweaty and gross - do they have no standards?!

No comments: