Saturday 26 June 2010

My First Post

Hi, thank you for visiting my blog. I'm Eleanor Macklin, (or Ellie as some of you may know me). For the past two years since graduating University I've been living in London, working and traveling and I thought it was high time I set myself a new challenge.

I started running halfheartedly while I was at University (Heriot Watt University in Edinburgh has a beautiful campus!) and now that I live in London I have the fantastic privilege to go for a morning jog around Hyde Park. When I get fit enough I'll be able to go running past such landmarks as the houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace and Number 10 Downing Street. I really have caught the running bug and so the "logical" challenge to set myself was to run the London Marathon. I've secured my place for next year - 2011, running for Hearing Dogs for Deaf People - a very worthy charity. This blog will be a record of my training progress.

Of course the added benefit is that next May, a month after the Marathon I will be getting married and so hopefully the training process will get me looking my absolute best in time for my big day. I hope to lose about 13kg (28 lbs) over the course of my training - one of the parameters I'll be recording on this blog.

At the present moment I have been out of running for about 6 weeks due to an injury sustained while horse riding, however my current running pace is about 12 minutes/mile and before my break I was running about 10 miles a week on average.

My end goal is to complete the marathon - I'm not aiming for any record breaking times, just to get across that finish line. However I am hoping to complete it in approximately 5 hours - less if possible.

No comments: