Sunday 27 June 2010

First Run

Today was my first run in about 6 weeks, I ambitiously went for the full 5 mile run around Hyde Park, which considering the temperature outside (29 deg C) turned out to be the best idea as it kept me in the shade for most of my run.

As I've been out of it for a while I was nice to myself and only ran about half of the distance, walking the rest. It was hard work and I was definitely feeling it by the end - the heat really didn't help. But then neither did the blisters I developed about half way round, but I chose to finish it and deal with the consequences when I was done. I'm all bandaged up now so no serious damage done there.

All in all I'm pleased with my run today, I pushed myself without being stupid about it.

The plan for this next week will be to go for a run Tuesday morning before work - approximately 2 miles. Then on Thursday evening I hope to run in a club organised 5k race after work in the evening, followed by a run with the club on Saturday morning. I'm currently entered in for a 5 mile race on Sunday, but we shall see how I'm doing by then.

I'm a member of the Serpentine Running Club (see link at the side). It's my hope that between them, the running club at my work and the internet I can get all of the information and support I need to train for the marathon, but if I don't feel I'm getting ready in time I may resort to using a personal trainer, but we shall see - they're expensive!

No comments: