Saturday 3 July 2010

My First Week

Well it's only been a week so it's too early to start celebrating my commitment to this but I am still proud of my effort this week. The knowledge that this is me training for a marathon has driven me far more than any desire to lose weight or get fit has ever done in the past. Despite blisters, heat and work commitments I have managed to do all of the running that I planned out at the start of the week.

I've already posted about my run last Sunday and my race on Thursday. Tuesday morning I did a quick 2 mile run before work and managed to do it in about 20 minutes which I was quite pleased about. It felt good to be out running on a beautiful morning while the park was still quiet - even though I was half asleep when I started! By the time I was finished I felt GOOD!

This next week I have no races lined up. As my knees and hips are feeling a bit achy I think I'll spread my running out this next week and aim for Monday morning before work, Wednesday after work with the club, Friday before work and then Sunday do a longer run in the park. That gives me tomorrow off to rest which I think my poor joints will need!

No comments: