Saturday 3 July 2010

Serpentine Handicap Race - July

Today I ran in the Serpentine running club monthly handicap race in Hyde Park - two laps of the Serpentine, or 4.3 miles. It's a beautiful circuit with interesting obstacles such as swans sleeping on the path! It was good to be running with the club as I typically run solo - I met some new people and found my stride with a group of 3 other girls who I ran the race with. We managed to do 2 miles non-stop and only had to walk a couple times to catch our breath for the second lap, which we were quite proud of. It was such a great vibe, everyone is so friendly and of mixed abilities, it really makes you feel welcome. After stopping for drinks at the cafe for a chat afterward I made my way home feeling pretty darn good. A wonderful way to start the day!

***UPDATE*** The times are in and they are:- First lap 23mins 13s. Second lap 25mins 32s. Total time - 48mins 45s. ***UPDATE***

No comments: