Saturday 24 July 2010

Week 4 update

Well this week started out well - Monday morning I was up bright and early at 5:50 and I ran the 2.8 mile route I like to do. I completed it in about 25 minutes. I'm definitely speeding up and finding it much easier to run the full route, which feels really good.

Sadly however I came down with a nasty stomach bug which had me in hospital for blood tests and has wiped out my running for the rest of the week. I've had to pull out of the planned 10k race that I was due to run on Sunday as I'm still not 100% recovered.

It's frustrating as I could begin to see progress with my running, but there's no point in pushing my body too hard at this stage of my training. If something like this were to happen closer to the marathon day I don't know how I'd manage it, but fingers crossed I'll not suffer too much of this over the next 9 months!

No comments: