Saturday 17 July 2010

Week 3 update

My rest last weekend did me good as this week I was back fighting fit.

Tuesday morning was a shock to the system being back out running again, but it felt good. I ran the 2.8 miles in good time, running pretty much the whole way.

Thursday however wasn't so pleasant. It was raining, it was grey and I struggled to find my stride, but I battled on and did the full 2.8 miles in a decent time. At least the rain was a good motivator to keep me going!

Today I was planning on going running with the club, but as I had plans for the afternoon I went out earlier in the morning and did the full 5.4 mile circuit from my apartment, around Hyde Park and Kensington Park Gardens and back. It was a lovely morning and although I started out too fast, I slowed down and found a good stride which saw me all the way around the circuit. I managed to run just about the whole way, only stopping to walk short sections to cross roads and things. I was really pleased with my progress today and it set me up for feeling great for the rest of the day.

I play on running the same alternate day schedule this week, Mon, Wed, Fri and then on Sunday I'm signed up for doing a 10k race. I'm a bit unsure as to whether to go for it or not as I've never run that far before, but I reckon I should be able to do it, even if I do have to walk for parts of the race. It should be an interesting challenge at least!

No comments: