Saturday 10 July 2010

Week 2 update

This has been another good week of running for me. Still just building up the mileage and my fitness.

Monday I did 2.8 miles. I ran a good proportion of it, but there was some walking as I'm still getting used to it.

Wednesday was my best run yet. After work I ran 4.3 miles with the Serpentine Running Club (a full circuit of Hyde Park and Kensington Park Gardens). I met the other runners at Speakers Corner and we set off in one big group, everyone finding their own stride. As we spread out I found myself running next to another woman and we got chatting. Infact we didn't stop chatting till we'd completed the full 4.3 miles - running the whole way!!! We found a really good stride that suited us both and the chatting helped to keep our minds off of the running and we managed to cover much more ground, much more quickly than we thought we would, leaving us both feeling pretty fantastic.

Friday - I slept in so instead of doing my 2.8 mile route I did a shorter 2 mile route instead, and as I was short of time I ran much faster than normal, meaning I tired quicker and had to walk sections. But I'm glad I didn't use sleeping in as an excuse not to go running.

As for a long run this weekend - as I've already done a long run this week (on Wednesday) and I've done a great deal of walking over the course of Friday evening and Saturday while out shopping (clocking up more than 5 miles walking!) I decided to not go for a run this weekend as my body is quite achy.

My plan for this next week is to run Tuesday and Thursday mornings before work and then do a long run on Saturday. Keeping the alternate days schedule that's been working quite well for me so far.

No comments: